Deadline August 15, 2016
The Health Unit currently has an opening for a full-time Public Health Promoter. The successful candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary team to plan and implement public health programs, specifically working with youth in tobacco prevention.
- Baccalaureate degree in Health Science, Social Science or other related discipline, a specialization in health promotion is an asset
- Knowledge of health promotion strategies, population health approaches, behaviour change theories, policy development, community development, group facilitation
- Program planning and evaluation knowledge and skills
- Experience working with youth
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Excellent organizational, time management and group facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team
- Capacity to develop good public relations and community partnerships is essential
- Excellent computer skills
- Own transportation for work related travel
Salary Range is as per the CUPE Collective Agreement
Please email your cover letter and resume in one PDF document by 12:30 PM, Monday August 15th, 2016, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
County of Huron
1 Courthouse Square
Goderich, Ontario N7A 1M2
Posted: August 3, 2016
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Information is collected solely for the purpose of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The County of Huron is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.