Deadline September 30, 2016
The Centre for Family Medicine Family Health Team is currently seeking an Evaluation Specialist (Benefits Realization) to join the eHealth Centre of Excellence in Kitchener, Ontario.
As part of the Benefits Realization Team at the eHealth Centre of Excellence, the Evaluation Specialist assists in the evaluation of health information technologies in different health care settings, assessing the realization of benefits through different initiative. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of evaluation plans, creating data collection tools, gathering and analyzing data and communicating results. This position requires the completion of best practice and clinical literature searches, data collection, data analysis, manuscript writing/submission, research ethics board application writing/submission, project writing and other duties as required to complete program deliverables.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement evaluation plans to assess organizational, clinical and system-level outcomes from the implementation of health information technologies in different health care settings.
- Compile, analyze and interpret collected data
- Research and analyze clinical workflows and document clinical and organizational values derived from the implementation of health information technologies in primary care, and beyond
- Prepare written materials, including, but not limited to, case studies, papers/articles, proposals, presentations, abstracts and reports
- Establish and cultivate relationships with internal and external stakeholders, supporting effective engagement, and enhancing the delivery and evaluation of different initiates at the eHealth Centre of Excellence
- Work with clinicians and clinical support staff across the Waterloo Wellington LHIN to identify, execute and monitor areas of study
- Contribute to program design and refinement to ensure relevant methods are applied and all research material is handled in accordance with established protocols, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in health care related field of study, Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience in health research is required, experience in program planning and evaluation preferred
- Demonstrated experience applying qualitative and quantitative research methods preferred
- Demonstrated experience working on projects related to health informatics preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Innovative critical thinking skills with the ability to analyze and problem solve
- Experience with writing proposals, ethics applications and preparing material for publication is strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
If this position is of interest to you please send your cover letter and resume by September 30, 2016 to Alisha Jaspers-Fayers, Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.