Deadline September 7, 2016
We are currently seeking a highly motivated health professional to contribute to our organizational mission of working with our communities to promote and protect health and prevent disease. Reporting to the Resources, Research, Evaluation and Development Director, the Divisional Administrative Assistant (DAA) provides comprehensive and confidential administrative support to the Director and division management staff. As part of the division’s management team, the DAA contributes to the efficient operations of the division by managing administrative support staff, and by developing, coordinating and implementing administrative and operational procedures.
Minimum of three years experience performing confidential secretarial duties with extensive use of relevant computer programs is required. In addition, a minimum of two years supervisory experience is required.
This position requires successful completion of a post-secondary program in business administration, health administration, or a related discipline or acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Advanced word processing skills and proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Desktop publishing and database management skills will be considered an asset.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on own initiative, employing sound judgment, problem solving, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and organize correspondence and schedules, multiple tasks and projects, a diversified workload, rapidly changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
- Demonstrated maturity and ability to interact diplomatically with the public and colleagues.
- Experience in developing and supporting collaborative relationships with internal and external groups and other agencies.
- Advanced oral and written proficiency in English is required.
- Advanced oral and written proficiency in French is an asset.
Effective: October 24, 2016
Resumés will be accepted until Wednesday, September 7, 2016, at 4:30 p.m. and should be sent in confidence to:
Ms. Sara Polano, Human Resources Officer, Corporate Services Division
Sudbury & District Health Unit
1300 Paris Street
Sudbury, ON P3E 3A3
Email: mailto:email@example.com (Microsoft Word format only)
Tel: 705.522.9200, ext. 327
Please include the title of the position in the subject line.