September 26, 2016
9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Brantford Best Western, 19 Holiday Drive
Please join us for a refreshing day that includes education, conversation, validation and connection with people who do your work, who ‘get’ you. Hosted by Tom Regehr and Becca Partington of CAST Canada. Together we will honour the complex and emotional burdens of your work, validate the ideas with plain language, gather individual strategies for coping and thriving as you grow and are changed by your work.
You will leave with:
- An understanding of empathy as a resource that can be depleted and refilled. Strategies to achieve balance.
- An awareness of various, distinct stressors, how to recognize and manage them.
- Grounding exercises to take into your work and personal life
- Better strategies for long term self care, burn out prevention and compassion fatigue resiliency
- An understanding that your approach to your work has more to do with the stress than the events.
- Validation of the emotions involved in doing your work
- A rejuvenated sense of wellbeing and hope
You are a frontline service provider, health or helping professional in any of the following areas: mental health, housing, employment, income support, justice, Ontario Works, ODSP, shelters, outreach programs, addictions, sexual assault services, child protection, Children’s Aid Society, Acquired Brain Injury services, nursing and emergency room staff, at risk youth, community support services, probation and parole, private practice, etc.
Develop a healthy, sustainable stance to your work and life.
Cost: $175 + hst, includes coffee, tea, a light lunch and handouts