Fort Frances, Ontario
Deadline September 16, 2016
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage of the process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Position: Communication Assistant, #2016-26
Terms: Temporary, full-time, 35 hours per week, 1 year contract
Location: Fort Frances, ON
The North Words program of the Northwestern Health Unit provides innovative community-based speech, language and hearing services to preschool children and their families throughout the Kenora Rainy River District. We currently require a full-time Communication Assistant to support the preschool speech & language program.
Under the functional supervision of the Speech Language Pathologist, the Communication Assistant will:
- Provide speech/language therapy intervention
- Provide program support including informal documentation and report writing
- Prepare resource and promotional materials
- Participate in in-service training and public relations programs
- Diploma in Communication Disorders, Early Childhood Education, Health Sciences or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge or mature experience in child development and of working with children who experience a variety of challenges
- Good interpersonal skills and sensitivity to cultural diversity
Salary: $23.52 - $30.20 per hour
- Access to transportation. Mileage allowance provided. Successful candidate requires a clear Vulnerable Sector Check and proof of required immunizations prior to start of work.
Resumes accepted at:
Northwestern Health Unit
Career Ad #2106-26
Deadline for Applications: Friday September 16, 2016 at Noon CST
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.