North Bay, Ontario
Deadline September 12, 2016
Job Posting #2016/032
Position: Public Health Nurse – ONA – Vaccine Preventable Diseases Program
Hours of Work: Temporary – Full-Time – 35 Hours per Week (1.00 FTE)
Effective: As soon as possible to February 24, 2017 (Subject to Change)
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Additional Info: Leave of Absence
Working as a member of the Vaccine Preventable Diseases Team (VPD), the incumbent will assist with the delivery of the VPD program throughout the area served by the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit. Services provided include but are not limited to community based clinics, school based clinics, office based clinics, supporting health care providers in understanding and offering publicly funded immunization services in their practices, and cold chain support.
Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current certification in CPR
- Two years recent experience in a clinical setting
- Have initiated or completed a HB vaccination series or proof of immunity
- Be proficient at administering intramuscular and subcutaneous injections to clients of all ages in an empathetic and caring manner
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Health Care Consent Act
- An understanding of Federal, Provincial and Municipal legislation and regulations such as the Health Protection and Promotion Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), Health Care Consent Act , Child and Family Services Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Ontario Public Health Standards (2008)
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong clinical documentation skills
- Self-motivated and able to complete assignments with minimal supervision
- Computer skills in word processing and internet
- Ability to foster a positive work environment
- Ability to participate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to casual staff and program colleagues while working in community and school based clinics
- Ability to work within a self-directed team and collaborate with other teams in program delivery
- Ability to flex work hours as required, including weekends and evenings based on program requirements
- Requires a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies. Applicants requiring accommodation for the interview are asked to make such requests only when contacted for an interview.
Hourly Rate: BScN/PHN - Minimum $37.91 to Maximum $42.67
Closing Date: September 12, 2016 at 4:00 p.m.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter, proof of education and a copy of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required for this position to:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant Attention: Job Posting #2016/032
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit, 681 Commercial Street, North Bay, ON P1B 4E7 or E-mail: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to Website for status of job posting
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.