September 14 and 15, 2016
Centre for Social Innovation (Meeting Room D), 192 Spadina Avenue
Second Revolution Communications and Sustainability Network are pleased to host this presentation series that builds your organization’s marketing and communication capacity so you can maximize its public engagement and fundraising activities.
Each workshop will provide you with valuable insights and the practical skills you’ll need to create and implement communication strategies that successfully meet your organizational objectives. This series is essential for communications staff, subject matter experts, and program leads who are involved in planning programs, executing communications plans, and crafting messages for the public.
For your convenience we have structured the four presentations over a consecutive two-day period.
Workshop 1: Strategic Communications
Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- The HOWs and WHYs of strategic communications
- Begin managing current and future communications challenges within your organization
Workshop 2: Designing a Better Brand
Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Learn how to start building your brand
- Gather insights from the experiences of other non-profits who have built successful brands
Workshop 3: Engineering Effective Events
Thursday, September 15, 2016, 8:30-10:30 a.m.
- Learn how to turn your event into the must-attend occasion on your community’s social calendar
- Learn from case studies focused on developing the initial concept, thematic devices, venue, MC and speakers, entertainment, food, venue decoration, audio/video, set-up and teardown and attendee (and sponsor) follow-up
Workshop 4: Driving Digital Developments
Thursday, September 15, 2016, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Learn the difference between Digital Marketing and Digital Brand Engagement
- Key areas of focus include electronic outreach campaigns and best practices, choosing the right social media mix for your organization and growing your supporter base via online engagement
- Keith Treffry - Director, Strategy, Second Revolution Communications
- Brad Pearson - Creative Director, Second Revolution Communications
Registration Cost: $150 for all four workshops or $50 per workshop
To learn more about the workshops and to register, please visit https://sustainabilitynetwork.ca/events/supercharging-your-purpose-the-f....