Deadline November 10, 2016
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has an exciting opportunity for a part-time Health Promoter working in the Office of the Chief Nursing Officer and the Health Equity and Social Determinants of Health team. This position focuses on health equity and is primarily internally-focused. Under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), the successful candidate will perform a variety of duties, including:
- Apply the following health promotion strategies to change behaviour and promote assigned health topics: education/awareness, skill building, creating a supportive environment, advocacy, policy development and facilitating community mobilization;
- Apply population health principles to develop resources and deliver programs on assigned topical areas;
- Monitor and analyze social research and epidemiological data related to community needs and operational planning;
- Participate in program planning and evaluation at the team, division, agency and community level;
- Collaborate with public health staff at MLHU and other Health Units, and develop partnerships with community groups and government agencies; and,
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Promotion or related field required. Master’s Degree in Health Promotion, Public Health, or related field considered an asset.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in comprehensive population health promotion, knowledge exchange and capacity building, quality improvement, program planning and evaluation, policy and advocacy.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and consultative support skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Expertise in the area of health equity preferred.
- The ability to communicate (oral and written) in French and/or any other language(s) is highly desirable.
To apply to this position, please submit a resume and cover letter electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by November 10, 2016 quoting posting # OCNOPTHP-1016.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.