Deadline November 25, 2016
Full Time Maternity Leave Contract until December 2017
Being a Nurse in Health Promotion is likely unlike anything else you have done in your career.
Instead of treating disease after the fact you will be educating the public and influencing supportive environments to prevent disease before it happens.
Hastings Prince Edward Public Health is looking for an enthusiastic Nurse to join our Health Promotion department, specifically in the Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention program. This program focuses on preventing diseases and injury thru influencing people to make sound lifestyle choices: eat healthy, exercise moderately, and play safely.
Working with a multi-disciplinary team of nurses, health promoters and other specialists you will:
Conduct promotional events to increase public awareness of chronic disease and injury prevention
Advocate and work collaboratively with a range of community partners including community groups, social service agencies, municipalities and other key stakeholders to influence the community at large.
Provide education, consultations and health teaching on a variety of topics relevant to public health.
What you need:
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing with public health preparation
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Knowledge of health promotion frameworks, population health, determinants of health is an asset
- Creative writing skills and comfort with all the modern media types
- Ability to teach and engage with large groups both in classrooms and presentation settings
- Independent judgement, tact and diplomacy to work with coalitions of several community partners
- Access to a vehicle and a valid Ontario driver’s license
This position requires normal working hours of 8:30 – 4:30. This position is located in our main Belleville office and may require some travel throughout Hastings and Prince Edward Counties.
Hastings Prince Edward Public Health offers a competitive salary and pay in lieu of benefits for this contract.
Apply to email@example.com no later than 4:30 pm on Friday, November 25, 2016.
Hastings Prince Edward Public Health welcomes those with disabilities; to make arrangements for accommodation in the recruitment process, please indicate this in your submission.