Deadline November 24, 2016
13 month assignment
The Infection Prevention & Surveillance Section of the Communicable Disease Division requires a dynamic, self-starter to provide high level expertise with regards to database management and the timely analysis and mapping of health data in order to support communicable disease surveillance, immunization and vaccine programming, program planning, and monitoring of the health status of Peel’s residents.
- Work in a self-directed manner within a collaborative team environment and will be responsible for the organization, analysis and interpretation of health-related data using sophisticated software and analytic tools
- Present and interpret data into useful graphs, charts, maps and text and serve as a consultant to Program and Departmental staff regarding technical issues related to health data for program evaluations, research activities, mapping and other special projects
- Collaborate and work with internal staff, external agencies and other health colleagues in the province
- Baccalaureate degree in Arts or Sciences, preferably in Mathematics or Biostatistics or other related Public Health Sciences
- A minimum two years related experience
- Knowledge and understanding of public and community health issues
- An ability to coordinate the collection and retrieval of health data
- An ability to synthesize, analyze and communicate health/epidemiological information from multiple sources
- Knowledge of health related database sources, including reportable disease and immunization data sources (e.g. iPHIS, Panorama), emerging survey tools, and relational databases
- Excellent computer skills using SPSS/SAS, Access, Excel and mapping software (e.g. GeoMedia or ArcGIS )
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently within an interdisciplinary team setting
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) along with project management, and organizational skills.
Location: 7120 Hurontario St, Mississauga
Duration: 13 months
Hours of work: 35 hours/week – Monday through Friday
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online at http://www.peelregion.ca/hr and complete the attached questionnaire.
Post Close Date: 11/24/2016