Deadline December 12, 2016
External Posting: TRPN2-2016
Posting Date: November 24, 2016
Closing Date: December 12, 2016
Title: Registered Practical Nurse, Telemedicine*
Reports to: Manager, Regional Programs
Position Type: Permanent, Part-Time (0.6 FTE (22.5 hrs/wk) optimal. 0.5 FTE negotiable)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $24,861 - $29,953 per year (this reflects a 22.5 hr work week)
The Registered Practical Nurse, Telemedicine, works as part of a regional program team to help plan, implement, and provide direct clinical telemedicine services to clients throughout Kingston, Frontenac, and Lennox & Addington, and is committed to preventing illness and injury, improving access to health care and specialist services, and responding to the needs of diverse communities.
*This position description is currently under review to incorporate core competencies. Final position description will be provided to the successful candidate when available.
Key Responsibilities / Detailed Responsibilities
- Provide clinical support for telemedicine patients and consultants, as required and according to the consultant’s protocol, including preparing the patient and the consultant for the clinical event and assisting with client presentation and examination.
- Contribute to the overall logistical support of the Telemedicine program though the maintenance of records and statistics, contributing to program reporting and evaluation strategies, reservation and preparation of rooms, materials, and equipment.
- Engage in service/program development of the clinical telemedicine program, including, but not limited to: liaising with healthcare providers, administrators, and patients; collaborating with the Ontario Telemedicine Network and regional staff; being an advocate of the program and actively engaging in and initiating individual and team program promotion strategies; supporting activities to build telemedicine relationships; identifying organizational support needs; and assisting in the development of workflow processes and clinical policies and procedures.
- Complies with all relevant legislation and KCHC policies, including privacy laws
- Supports consistent application and development of KCHC policies and procedures
- Supports KCHC’s student and volunteer placement programs
- Promotes awareness of and participation in KCHC activities
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and quality improvement
Basic Education and Experience Requirements
- Registered Practical Nurse, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- At least three years clinical experience in a health care setting, including demonstrated experience working collaboratively with physicians and other allied healthcare professionals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent health assessment and clinical skills appropriate for scope of practices and the ability to provide clinical support for patients with a wide variety of needs
- Basic understanding of the field of telemedicine
- Proven ability to develop and sustain effective relationships with team members and community stakeholders
- Comfort with new technology and proficiency in the use of computers and relevant software programs (e.g. Microsoft Office, Ncompass, Nightingale on Demand)
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills (bilingual in French an asset)
- Problem solving skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to, on a regular basis, lift up to 30 lbs, crouch and stand, and push and pull heavy equipment
- Organizational Competencies: Accountability, Client Focus, Collaboration, Continuous Learning
- Position Competencies: Initiative, Knowledge /professional / technical expertise, Teamwork
- Valid driver’s license, valid car insurance, daily access to a reliable vehicle, and willingness to travel within the program catchment area on a daily basis
- Current and satisfactory Criminal and Vulnerable Persons Check
Please include a cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experiences correspond with the specific job qualifications along with your resume.
Save all documents as a single file using your own name (Last, First). A PDF format is preferred.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org citing reference “TRPN2 – 2016” in the subject line.
Applications must be received by the Human Resources Manager by 4:00 pm, Monday, December 12, 2016.
All KCHC staff have a duty to understand and follow KCHC policies, uphold high ethical and professional standards, and maintain confidentiality and privacy, using tact and good judgment in all dealings with other staff and clients.
KCHC is an equal opportunity employer, respecting and embracing the needs and diversity of our employees. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify Human Resources.
Kingston Community Health Centres, 263 Weller Ave. Kingston ON, K7K 2V4