Deadline December 20, 2016
Division: Sport, Recreation and Community Program Division
Job Term: 1 Permanent
Job Code: AGA21 - General Administration AM-21
Salary: $76,726.00 - $100,240.00 Per Year
Posting Status: Open Targeted
Job ID: 98553
Make the most of your community capacity building expertise and your leadership abilities with the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport.
We are seeking an experienced manager to lead a dynamic team in the development and implementation of capacity building strategies to support the government's agenda in sport and recreation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Manage the planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of provincial community capacity building priorities and strategies for sport and recreation
- Develop and strengthen community sport and recreation systems supporting physical activity, resulting in a more physically active Ontario, increased participation in sport and recreation and increased participation by people from under-represented groups.
- Provide community program expertise and briefings directly to the Assistant Deputy Minister, Deputy Minister, and Minister
- Ensure collaborative program design, development and delivery, and effective partnership development;
- Manage the delivery of community capacity building programs and initiatives, including the following high profile programs: Community Grant Program, After School, Aboriginal Programs;
- Manage the design, development, implementation and evaluation of grants administration, funding proposals, transfer payment agreements, accountability, governance and reporting framework;
- Manage the assessment and analysis of critical development to sport and recreation within regional and community organizations;
- Manage key projects, and provide strategic advice and expertise to senior management;
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to employees, and oversee financial and human resources management.
- Other duties as required
How do I qualify?
- You have knowledge of community development and capacity building, program development, implementation, evaluation and partnership development methods and techniques, research tools and methods
- You demonstrate expertise in the field of sport and recreation, and you have knowledge of the government's social and economic interests and priorities in sport and recreation
- You have knowledge of government funding management and grants management systems
- You have knowledge of working with indigenous groups and organizations as well as First Nation Band Councils
Management and Leadership Skills
- You can provide leadership in the delivery of community capacity building programs and initiatives
- You have knowledge of sound human resources practices to manage staff, provide coaching and direction, and foster a strong committed team
Issues Management and Problem Solving Skills
- You have knowledge of issues and risk management strategies
- You can manage the analysis, assessment and resolution of program related issues
Communication, Relationship Management and Consultation Skills
- You can develop public consultations, and manage consultation and partnership processes
- You can develop and present capacity building strategies, performance standards, business plans and briefing materials
Project Management Skills
- You have knowledge of project management methodologies and principles to lead multiple, concurrent projects
Address: 1 Permanent, 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Compensation Group: Management Compensation Plan
Category: Management and General
Posted on: Tuesday, November 29, 2016
How to apply:
You must apply online by visiting http://www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Tuesday, December 20, 2016 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.