Deadline December 22, 2016
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage of the process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Position: Executive Assistant/Secretary to the BOH, MOH and CEO #2016-34
Terms: Permanent Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Location: Kenora, ON
The Executive Assistant/Secretary to the BOH, MOH and CEO provides support to the Board of Health (BOH), Medical Officer of Health (MOH) and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). BOH duties will include but not be limited to: preparing and distributing agendas and minutes of BOH meetings, retention of all BOH documentation, BOH orientation, maintenance of BOH member files and by-laws. Executive and Administrative support to the MOH/CEO will include but not be limited to: research, report writing and creation of presentations, correspondence and other communications across all levels of the organization and externally, liaising with various Ministry and community contacts, participation in operational and strategic planning; maintenance of NWHU policies and procedures, scheduling appointments/maintaining calendars and other projects as assigned. This position is often scheduled to work hours outside of the regular 8:30-4:30 work day. Monthly travel at a minimum is required.
- Post Secondary education in Business/Office Administration
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- In depth understanding of corporate activities and executive practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; experience with SharePoint would be considered an asset
- Advanced research skills; high degree of comprehension and critical/analytical thinking skills
- Strong capability to write, review, and edit professional reports; high degree of accuracy with keyboarding, grammar, spelling and punctuation; exceptional proof reading and formatting skills
- Sound judgement, diplomacy and a full understanding of confidentiality
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management, organizational and decision-making skills
- Ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation; familiarity with, and experience applying, privacy legislation i.e. FIPPA, PIPEDA, PHIPA, etc. would be considered an asset.
Salary: $30.95 - $36.03/hr dependent upon qualifications and experience
Other: Access to transportation. Mileage allowance provided. Successful candidate requires a clear Criminal Records Check and proof of required immunizations prior to start of work.
Resumes accepted by email only at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must quote Career Ad #2106-34
Deadline for Applications: Thursday December 22, 2016 at Noon CST
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.