Deadline December 23, 2016
The Ministry of Labour's Prevention Office needs your strong research, leadership and relationship management skills to perform high level executive and administrative services for the branch director and leadership team.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role you will:
- provide group leadership to office staff including oversight of general management of the office and its staff
- lead the branch issue management process
- develop and manage business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- lead, support and report on a variety of major branch projects and initiatives
- oversee and develop strategic branch communication plans
- respond to requests for briefing notes and input to ministerial correspondence
How do I qualify?
Analytical, Problem-Solving and Research Skills:
- You understand and apply related legislation, policies and practices.
- You can carry out complex research activities and monitor the political and business environment.
- You can use research techniques and tools to investigate trends, study processes and conduct environmental scans and studies.
- You can identify and evaluate emerging trends and patterns and recognize potential impacts to the branch.
- You can make recommendations to monitor, assess and report on the progress and results of branch projects and initiatives.
Communication and Relationship Management Skills:
- You can provide group leadership to branch staff.
- You can build positive, productive working relationships and networks with management, staff and other internal/external stakeholders.
- You can negotiate priorities and coordinate the work of branch support staff
- You can collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, contribute to teams/committees, make recommendations and brief the senior management team.
- You can provide input to consolidate data and prepare reports and branch communications.
Coordination and Organizational Skills:
- You can manage a varied personal workload and shifting priorities.
Business Administration and Issues Management Knowledge:
- You can implement/manage issues management process, and facilitate cross-organizational collaboration.
- You can use word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- You can create and maintain a variety of reports and correspondence, produce charts and diagrams, and prepare executive-level presentations.
Salary Range: $1,055.16 - $1,295.59 per week
- 2 Permanent, 10 Dundas St E, Toronto, Toronto Region
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 10 Dundas St E, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Friday, December 23, 2016, by visiting http://www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 101366 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.