February 13 to 14, 2017
Application Deadline January 9, 2017
What is Knowledge Translation (KT) Basics?
Knowledge Translation (KT) Basics is a 1.5 day workshop that focuses on the foundations of KT, including key definitions and frameworks, how to assess and prioritize needs, consider levels of evidence, and define the practice change. This workshop supports participants as they begin to effectively put evidence into practice.
The workshop was designed for professionals and students interested in learning more about the fundamentals of KT, assessing and prioritizing needs, selecting high quality evidence, and defining what you want to change in order to adopt research into practice.
- A personalized learning environment to help you set and meet your individual KT learning goals.
- Interactive activities and discussions so that you can develop KT competencies and start effectively integrating KT theories and evidence-informed practices into your projects.
- Connect with other professionals involved in KT and share your experiences, challenges, and successes
Who should participate?
- Professionals in any health-related discipline (e.g., healthcare, public health, mental health) who are responsible for implementing change. Previous participants have come from a range of organizations (e.g., hospitals, funding organizations, and government agencies) with a variety of backgrounds (e.g., educators, managers, clinicians, knowledge brokers, researchers).
- Students in any health-related discipline (e.g., public health sciences, social sciences, bioethics, clinical sciences). Please note that we have a limited number of available spots for students.
- Registration for the KT Basics workshop is $725.00 per person. Registration for students is $350.00 per person.
- The cost includes the 1.5-day in-person workshop and take-home resources. Travel or accommodation in Toronto for the 1.5-day in-person workshop is not included.
Application & Contact
Applications will be accepted until January 9, 2017, 11:59 p.m. ET.
Applicants have the option of:
- Downloading the application form from http://knowledgetranslation.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/KT-Basics-App... and emailing to Melissa Courvoisier (CourvoisierM@smh.ca).
- Completing the online application at https://knowledgetranslation.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0ufj8RwJQ8PI6B... note that if you choose to fill out the online application, you must do it in one sitting because you are unable to save your application.
For more information, please visit http://knowledgetranslation.net/capacity-building/our-courses/knowledge-....