Deadline January 13, 2017
Full-time (0.6 FTE at Black Creek CHC + 0.4 FTE at Vaughan CHC)
$55,280 - $69,100 + Excellent Benefits
The Black Creek and Vaughan Community Health Centres are not-for-profit, community-governed organizations providing primary health care, social services, and illness prevention programs to the residents of North York West and the South West York Region. In particular, we serve those people experiencing barriers to accessing health care services due to culture, language, age, chronic illness, or related challenges. As part of the health promotion framework of our services, we work in partnership with other community-based health and social service organizations to address individual, family, and community needs. Both Centres are funded by the Central Local Health Integration Network (LHIN).
This will be a full-time position shared between the Black Creek and the Vaughan Community Health Centres.
The Data Management Coordinator (DMC) is responsible for funder-compliant data collection, data quality and analysis to support the organizations. Specifically, the DMC supports effective usage of the electronic medical record (EMR) system and provides training to staff in order to facilitate a quality improvement environment. The DMC develops and carries out data retrieval, analysis and report preparation as required. This position helps to support IT functions within Black Creek and Vaughan Community Health Centres.
- Works with the management team to identify organizational information management (IM) and information technology (IT) needs.
- Develops and implements funder-compliant data entry, extraction and transfer systems and protocols.
- Develops, generates, and analyzes reports to support management decision-making, quality improvement initiatives, as well as planning and delivery of services.
- Assesses overall data quality by overseeing data input, developing and performing audits of data quality, ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Understands and applies knowledge of CHC Evaluation Framework including performance indicators, data relationships and business rules.
- Understands and applies knowledge of Ontario Healthcare Reporting Standards (OHRS).
- Assesses and develops plans, including disaster recovery and business continuity, to ensure IT and data management systems meet the present and future needs of the Centre.
- Develops documentation of all policies and procedures related to IT and IM systems.
- Supports Centre staff to troubleshoot and problem solve urgent IT issues.
- Oversees the external IT vendor in installation and maintenance of hardware and software, and desktop computers, databases, Windows, network routers and switches, cabling and other communications equipment in both an office environment and in the field at remote sites.
- Assesses staff training needs, develops teaching material and trains staff to use the Centre’s electronic client record and other software.
- Conducts privacy audits on access to the Centres’ EMR systems.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in relevant discipline combined with experience in the field.
- Knowledge of statistics, databases and experience building complex queries and reports.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience, preferably in a health care setting.
- Knowledge of Electronic Client Record systems (NOD, PS suite, etc.)
- Experience with IBM Cognos is an asset.
- Proficient with current versions of Microsoft Office with emphasis on data analysis tools.
- Proficiency with IT hardware, computer and network systems applications.
- Experience in prioritizing workload demands and problem solving within a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently and with a team.
- Ability to process and solve complex problems and make decisions in a busy environment.
- Ability to interact with a range of health professionals and support staff, through exchange of information, consulting, problem solving and training as required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
- Experience in help desk role is an asset.
Please send your cover letter and resume by end of day Friday, January 13th, 2017 to:
Director of Corporate Services
Black Creek Community Health Centre
2202 Jane St. Unit 5, Toronto, ON M3M 1A4
While applications are preferred via email, you are welcome to apply by fax, mail or in person.
Accommodations during the recruitment, selection, and interview processes will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code if needed. If you need accommodation during the hiring process please call us at 416-249-1252 ext. 2229 to provide your contact information and a member from the hiring Committee will contact you.
Black Creek Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to excellence and hire based on merit.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Expected interview dates: Week of January 16, 2017
Preferred start date: February 2017