Deadline January 20, 2017
Permanent Part Time
Hastings Prince Edward Public Health is looking for a dynamic Health Promoter to creatively develop and enthusiastically deliver health promotion campaigns throughout our expansive territory.
You will work internally with a multi-disciplinary team of nurses, promoters and other specialists to develop new ideas, refresh existing concepts and execute campaigns. Externally you will work with a wide range of community partners; our municipalities, community groups and charitable or social service agencies to promote involvement and to develop supportive environments.
The work will include:
- needs assessments,
- increasing public awareness,
- developing health promotion materials,
- conducting promotion events,
- working with community partners, and
- advocating for healthy public policy.
You are comfortable with all types of groups from individual parents to large coalitions. You can get your message across through writing, social media, traditional media and in person with equal ease.
You will work on a range of health topics as outlined in the Ontario Public Health Standards. The topics and projects will vary over time and will be assigned according to program priorities.
What you need:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in health promotion or a related discipline with courses in health promotion or social marketing, program planning/evaluation, epidemiology and behavioural psychology.
- Excellent facilitation, written communication, media design and teaching skills.
- Ability to work in a priority changing environment.
- Ability to work with a wide range of interest groups and community partners.
- Proficient in general office software, social media and internet research.
This position requires normal working hours of 8:30 – 4:30. This position is located in our main Belleville office and may require some travel throughout Hastings and Prince Edward Counties.
Hastings Prince Edward Public Health offers a competitive salary and a full suite of benefits.
Apply to email@example.com no later than 4:30 pm on Friday, January 20, 2017
Hastings Prince Edward Public Health welcomes those with disabilities; to make arrangements for accommodation in the recruitment process, please indicate this in your submission.