South West Region, Ontario
Deadline January 27, 2017
Community Care Access Centres (CCACs) are publicly funded health care agencies dedicated to getting people the home care and community care they need to stay well, heal at home and stay safely in their homes longer.
The South West Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) serves 60,000 people each year, across a vast region from Tobermory in the north to Long Point and Port Glasgow in the south. Our role is to get people the home and community care they need to stay well, heal at home and stay safely in their homes longer. We also help people transition through the system and to other living arrangements. We do it by working in partnership with patients, families, providers, community organizations, and others.
The Mental Health & Addiction Nurses in District School Boards Program is important to Ontario’s plan to improve services and support for children and youth with mental health and addictions needs. In collaboration with the Ministries of Education, Children and Youth Services, Health and Long-Term Care and Training, Colleges, & Universities, this program is part of the overall commitment through Ontario’s Comprehensive Mental Health and Addictions Strategy.
As part of a system wide initiative to strengthen connections across the health continuum, the South West CCAC is currently looking for a part-time bilingual Mental Health & Addictions Nurse. Travel across the South West region is required, as this position will support students and school boards up to and including occasional travel to the Owen Sound area.
Part-Time Bilingual Mental Health & Addictions Nurse (RN)
As an integral part of this interdisciplinary team, you will bring your mental health and addictions expertise and proficiency in French to provide essential health related advice and support to educators within the district school boards. The nurse will assist school boards in recognizing and responding to student mental health and addiction issues and work with the boards to develop strategies to address student mental health and addictions needs. You will play a key role in providing the support of a health professional in helping students and/or parents’ access services such as family health care, community mental health and/or addictions agencies.
- Proficiency in French (written and verbal) is a requirement for this position.
- Minimum of two (2) years of direct clinical experience in providing mental health and/or addictions services for children and youth.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of relevant experience as a Registered Nurse (BScN or diploma).
- Knowledge of the mental health and addictions service system for children and youth.
- Solid knowledge of health care related legislation and practices.
- Advanced assessment and diagnostic reasoning skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Demonstrated experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Must have a Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Significant travel within the South West CCAC/LHIN school board districts.
Home location for this position is to be determined, based on discussions with successful applicant. To apply, click here or visit http://www.hrassociates.ca/swccac-mh by January 27th, 2017.
Please note, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For questions or more information please contact email@example.com or call 416-237-1500 x 225
The South West CCAC is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from diverse backgrounds. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department.