Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO) is excited to announce the launch of Steps to Justice. Steps to Justice is a new website that gives reliable, step-by-step information on common legal problems in family, housing, employment and other areas of law.
Steps to Justice
- equips people to work through their legal problems through easy-to-understand steps
- includes practical tools, such as checklists, fillable forms, and self-help guides
- gives referral information for legal and social services across Ontario
- has live chat and email-based support for users with additional questions
- allows community organizations to embed its content on their own websites for free so your clients can access legal information without leaving your website. You'll be able to pick the content you want to share – anything from a single question and answer to a full area of law.
Please keep in mind that CLEO's main website at http://www.cleo.on.ca will still have all of CLEO's resources and that Your Legal Rights will still be useful since not all of the legal information on Steps to Justice is complete just yet. For example, for legal information on the topics of Education Law, Environmental Law, Health & Disability, and Wills & Estates as well as some sub-topics in other areas of law, you will still need to check Your Legal Rights. In addition, Your Legal Rights has other very useful features that include links to watch upcoming or archived webinars, a listing of news/events on various legal topics, and a services map to find legal and community services around the province.
You can learn more about Steps to Justice in a video at https://vimeo.com/199691386.
Visit http://www.stepstojustice.ca. Your guide to law in Ontario.