Deadline March 31, 2017
In November 2018, we will hold our 10th National Assembly and we are looking for a host organization and community to partner with.
Since 2001, Food Secure Canada (FSC) has hosted biennial assemblies bringing people together from across the food system to meet, exchange ideas and strategize for collective projects. These vibrant 3-day events include fantastic food, inspiring plenaries, and engaging sessions, tours, businesses and organizations. Read about our past assemblies, with the most recent bringing together 900 people in Toronto.
Host organizations play a crucial role in shaping the flavour and success of FSC assemblies. The assembly brings national profile for the organization and local/regional food issues, as well as strengthened connections to a dynamic network of people across Canada.
In collaboration with FSC host organizations will:
- Work with FSC to shape the program;
- Manage local outreach and volunteers;
- Lead local government and media relations;
- Organize tours of local food initiatives and organizations;
- Facilitate a trade show;
- Arrange food procurement from local, sustainable food producers and liaise with meal providers;
- Support fundraising and sponsorship from regional and local sources.
The above roles are supported by paid logistic coordination, to be hired by FSC and the host organization. FSC assumes full financial responsibility for the event.
For more information and to submit a proposal, please visit https://foodsecurecanada.org/resources-news/news-media/call-proposals-ho....