Deadline February 22, 2017
Working together for longer lives, lived well.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage of the process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Position: Public Health Nurse, #2017-06
Terms: Term Contract, Part-time, 17.5 hours per week for one year
Location: Kenora, ON
An opportunity to be a Public Health Nurse, influencing health throughout the lifespan with a focus on immunization of infants and children. This position will appeal to the Public Health Nurse who enjoys both team and independent work that truly makes a difference to the whole community.
The ideal applicant will have a solid understanding of the social determinants of health and how they affect the health of individuals and populations.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing, or eligible to register within the Province
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, BScN
- Current cardio-pulmonary resuscitation certification
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Understanding of health teaching principles for all ages
- Ability to work both as part of an interdisciplinary team and independently with minimal supervision; the ability to take independent initiative
Salary: $32.58 to $44.95 per hour, in accordance with the Ontario Nurses’ Association Contract (ONA).
Other: Access to transportation. Mileage allowance provided. Successful candidate requires a clear Vulnerable Sector Check and proof of required immunizations prior to start of work.
Resumes accepted via email only at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwestern Health Unit
Career Ad # 2017-06
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday, February 22 at 4:30pm CST
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.