Deadline March 1, 2017
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage of the process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Position: Information Technology Assistant #2016-33
Terms: Permanent Full-time, 35 hours per week
Location: Kenora, ON
The Northwestern Health Unit is looking for a motivated, organized individual who has excellent problem solving and technical skills. This individual must be energetic, enthusiastic and positive, have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of staff.
The IT Assistant will report to the Manager of IT and Operations and will work closely with the Programmer Analyst. The successful applicant will be the organization’s internal SharePoint guru, which includes working within their own team as well as with all other teams to create and support SharePoint sites and creating solutions to meet a variety of business needs.
- Successful completion of a recognized Computer Science course at a community college level or a minimum three years' information technology experience.
- Microsoft SharePoint Certified Professional designation preferred.
- Proficiency in all computer related skills, networking, server setup and operation, backups, operation of networked photocopy and facsimile machines.
- Working knowledge of databases, VPN’s, LANs, WANS, Antivirus, and Ministry of Health software and Microsoft productivity software.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to meet time limits.
- Ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation; familiarity with, and experience applying, privacy legislation i.e. FIPPA, PIPEDA, PHIPA, etc. would be considered an asset.
Salary: $31.41 - $36.57/hr dependent upon qualifications and experience
Other: Access to transportation. Mileage allowance provided. Successful candidate requires a clear Criminal Records Check and proof of required immunizations prior to start of work.
Resumes accepted by email only at: email@example.com. Applicants must quote Career Ad #2106-33
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at Noon CST
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.