Deadline March 17, 2017
Status: Full-Time Permanent
Location: Toronto (Downtown near Union Station)
About The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer
Created in 2007, the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (“the Partnership”) is an independent organization funded by the federal government to implement the Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control. The Strategy aims to reduce the incidence of cancer, lessen the likelihood of Canadians dying from cancer, and enhance the quality of life of those affected by cancer. As the steward of the Strategy, we work collaboratively with cancer agencies, governments, national organizations, patients and families to advance meaningful and measurable progress in achieving shared goals.
The Partnership’s vision is to continue to lead, learn and take action on the growing body of evidence and knowledge about cancer prevention and care. With a focused approach, we will execute our strategic priorities, and tangibly measure and demonstrate how the pan-Canadian cancer control strategy has reduced the burden of cancer on Canadians.
The Cancer Control Division
This position is part of the Cancer Control Division. This Division is responsible for overall delivery of the Strategic Priorities in the Partnership’s mandate. This Division drives the Partnership’s core mandate of reducing the risk of cancer, lowering mortality, and improving the experience of Canadians affected by cancer through collaboration with system partners including clinical, medical, professional and stakeholder organizations. It works in close collaboration with the other Divisions to develop, deliver and report ongoing progress on an effective cancer control strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Cancer Control Division of the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer in the position of Administrative Coordinator within the System Performance team. Reporting to the Program Manager, System Performance, this position is accountable for providing administrative, logistical and operational support to the System Performance team including issues management, calendar management, travel and meeting coordination and expense reporting, and coordination of core System Performance work (including System Performance knowledge product development, conference and publication submissions, etc.).
Qualifications & Experience
- College/University level degree, with related training in administration
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in administrative and/or project management roles
- Experience executing administrative/office procedures and practices to provide daily administrative assistance to the assigned team, and to initiate new, effective practices and procedures
- Experience coordinating events with both internal and external stakeholders including arranging travel for attendees
- Experience acting as a point of contact and managing issues, as required, on behalf of senior executive
- Previous experience working closely with senior executives, government officials or board members, and their assistants
- Experience managing multiple calendars on a daily basis
- Demonstrated ability to understand and assess priorities of all requests (meetings, appointments and issues)
- Superior administrative skills and knowledge of administrative protocols, office procedures and practices to provide daily professional administrative assistance to assigned teams
- Strong internal and external relationship management skills, ability to interact and work professionally and effectively with staff at all levels and key stakeholders
- Proven ability to plan effectively and meet tight deadlines
- Proven ability to take initiative and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction, leveraging previous experience and other resources
- Resourceful and able to seek out or develop innovative solutions to support planning and execution of work
- Good online research skills an asset (e.g., published article searches)
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- High degree of diplomacy, tact, discretion and good judgement
- Service oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; in both official languages an asset
- Demonstrated superior computer skills including MS Office suite (MS Word, Excel, PPT, MS Outlook)
- Experience in not-for-profit sector is an asset
Application Deadline: March 17, 2017.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to Talent Management at TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca indicating ‘Administrative Coordinator’ in the subject line.
All applicants are appreciated however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca.