Smoke-Free Ontario Scientific Advisory Committee 2016 Report, Public Health Ontario and The Program Training and Consultation Centre
Online and Toronto, Ontario
May 2, 2017
SFO-SAC 2016 summarizes the best available published tobacco control evidence and builds on the SFO-SAC 2010 report. It provides an assessment of the potential contribution to reduce tobacco use and associated burden in Ontario and highlights equity, and implementation considerations.
The focus of the webcast will be to present and discuss the new SFO-SAC 2016, with an emphasis on increasing the awareness of the current evidence in tobacco control and to explain the major changes from SFO-SAC 2010. Opportunities within the Ontario context at the local and provincial levels will also be highlighted.
- Bruce Baskerville, MHA, PhD, CE, Senior Scientist, Propel Centre for Population Health Impact, Faculty of Applied Health Sciences, University of Waterloo
- Joanna Cohen, PhD, Chair, Smoke-Free Ontario Scientific Advisory Committee; Director, Institute for Global Tobacco Control, Bloomberg Professor of Disease Prevention, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Lorraine Fry, Director, Non-Smokers’ Rights Association (NSRA), Smoking and Health Action Foundation (SHAF)
- Charles Gardner, MD, CCFP, MHSc, FRCPC, Medical Officer of Health (MOH), Simcoe Muskoka Health Unit
- Pamela Kaufman, PhD, Scientist, Ontario Tobacco Research Unit; Assistant Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto
- Sue Keller-Olaman, PhD, Manager, Knowledge Synthesis Services, Health Promotion Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention, Public Health Ontario
- Kelli-An Lawrance, PhD, Associate Professor, Health Sciences Department, Brock University
- Heather Manson, MD, FRCPC, MHSc, Chief, Health Promotion, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention, Public Health Ontario
- Heather McCully, MPH, Health Promotion Specialist, City Of Hamilton Public Health Services
- Andrew Pipe, CM, MD, LLD(Hon), DSc(Hon), Chief, Division of Prevention and Rehabilitation at the University of Ottawa Heart Institute; Professor in the Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa
- Robert Schwartz, PhD, Executive Director, Ontario Tobacco Research Unit; Senior Scientist, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health; Director, U of T Collaborative Program in Public Health Policy; Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, Institute of Health Policy, Management & Evaluation, University of Toronto; Editor-in-Chief, Canadian Journal of Program Evaluation
There are two registration options available:
- Online webcast
- In-person: Please join us for a live webcast recording at the Radisson Admiral Hotel, Toronto Harbourfront.
For more information about the presenters and webcast agenda, please visit the registration page: http://www.cvent.com/events/smoke-free-ontario-scientific-advisory-commi....