May 4, 2017
1:00−2:30 p.m. (EST)
Rent assistance is a cornerstone of the Housing First approach to ending chronic homelessness. Yet many Ontario communities do not have rent assistance or enough rent assistance to meet the needs of the homeless population. Furthermore, when available, rent assistance is often implemented in many different ways. Communities vary in terms of the dollar amounts of rent assistance per person and whether the rent assistance is portable or tied to a specific housing unit.
In this webinar, the results of a recent study of rent assistance are presented, along with a panel from three communities about their approaches to rent assistance. You will learn about:
- The The Ontario Housing First Regional Network Community of Interest (OHFRN‐CoI);
- A recent evaluation of the impacts of rent assistance on housing stability and quality of life of persons experiencing persistent homelessness the Waterloo region of Ontario;
- Experiences from the ground, specifically:
- How to obtain rent assistance for homeless persons; and
- How to implement rent assistance.
Participants from different communities are encouraged to attend and share their stories about providing rent assistance to persons experiencing chronic homelessness.
Register here. https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/rent-assistance-webinar-tickets-32703005570 To see the flyer click here. http://eenet.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/OHFRN-COI-Rent-Assistance-Web....