Deadline April 10, 2017
Position: Decision Support Specialist, Analytics (Level 6)
Location: Toronto (Downtown near Union Station)
Status: Full-Time Permanent
About The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (“the Partnership”) is an independent organization funded by the federal government to implement the Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control. The Strategy aims to reduce the incidence of cancer, lessen the likelihood of Canadians dying from cancer, and enhance the quality of life of those affected by cancer. As the steward of the Strategy, we work collaboratively with cancer agencies, governments, national organizations, patients and families to advance meaningful and measurable progress in achieving shared goals.
Reporting to the Program Manager & Biostatistician, Analytics, this position is part of the analytic team that provides support to all portfolios at the Partnership who seek to use data to evaluate and report on the Canadian Cancer Control system. The role of the Decision Support Specialist is to support the analytic needs of the organization which includes consulting with stakeholders on analysis requirements, providing insight and interpretation of results, presenting materials to a variety of audiences, supporting the development of reports related to cancer control and system performance reports and transforming data into information to support evidence-based decision-making throughout the organization.
Qualifications & Experience
- Masters in epidemiology, biostatistics, health informatics, public health, health service administration or related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ proven experience working with Canadian health data and client support including consultation, results interpretation and reporting
- Experience working with a broad range of health care databases at organization, provincial and national levels
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to understand complex problems, identify key issues and present results in a clear and concise format
- Demonstrated knowledge of data analysis technique, statistical methodologies and quality assurance and creation of knowledge products for specific target audiences
- Solid skills in consulting, advising clients on application of health care databases to support policy and planning of deliverables
- Knowledge of data linkage and familiarity with the cancer data landscape, experience working with cancer data is a strong asset
- Experience engaging stakeholders at all levels including researchers, clinicians and senior leaders
- Experience presenting complex data analysis and indicator results to advisory groups, senior management, board of directors and conferences
- Experience working in cancer control at local, provincial, or federal levels is a strong asset
- Knowledge of concepts and experience calculating and interpreting measures used in cancer
- Experience with indicator development and performance measurement in a health care setting
- Experience writing journal articles and/or content in published reports and developing and delivering presentations on results and implications
- Intermediate (required) / advanced (preferred) proficiency in SAS
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with key internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to lead analytic projects: conceptualizing, planning, implementing and evaluating
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills; verbal and written. French language competency is an asset
Application Deadline: April 10, 2017.
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to Talent Management at TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca indicating ‘Decision Support Specialist’ in the subject line.
All applicants are appreciated however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca