Deadline June 28, 2017
Want to make a difference in your career? Consider this opportunity
The Program Training and Consultation Centre (PTCC) is based at Cancer Care Ontario and partners with the Propel Centre for Population Health Impact at the University of Waterloo. The PTCC plays a leading role in providing training, technical assistance and knowledge exchange services in comprehensive tobacco control to local communities in Ontario. Funded by Public Health Ontario, the PTCC provides services to Ontario local public health departments, local tobacco-free coalitions, regional Tobacco Control Area Networks (TCANs), community health centres, voluntary organizations, and other health and human service providers that are active in comprehensive tobacco control.
The PTCC provides a range of evidence based services to build the capacity of Ontario communities to implement a comprehensive tobacco control program. These services include:
- Delivering training programs, workshops and webinars
- Delivering technical assistance through consultations
- Organizing tobacco control forums that bring together government decision-makers, researchers, tobacco control practitioners, and other tobacco control stakeholders
- Supporting the development and implementation of provincial communities of practice
- Conducting applied research activities in partnership with the Propel Centre for Population Health Impact at the University of Waterloo
Visit https://www.ptcc-cfc.on.ca to learn more.
PTCC is looking for a Specialist to provide research, planning, and project coordination support to PTCC management and staff during a period of program transition. Responsibilities will include research and analysis, coordination of various training and knowledge exchange activities, resource development, meeting coordination, planning and reporting.
Here is what you will be doing:
Research and Analysis
- Research and write briefing notes/issues summaries on various tobacco control topics
- Work with PTCC’s management team to develop project transition plans and proposals
- Plan and coordinate partnership committee meetings with the University of Waterloo’s Propel Centre for Population Health Impact; this activity includes agenda development, preparation of materials, meeting logistics, etc.
- Support program reporting by assisting project teams to compile, review and integrate activity reports for submission to the funding agency
- Support system-level planning by coordinating meetings of provincial tobacco control resource centres (including agenda development, meeting management, and preparation of meeting records)
Coordination and Project Management
- Support PTCC’s media and communications specialist to plan and coordinate PTCC’s media capacity building project. This includes developing meeting agendas, liaising with participating public health departments, coordinating on-line and in-person meetings
- Support PTCC’s training and knowledge exchange team to plan and coordinate various tobacco control knowledge exchange and system-level planning events/ initiatives. These initiatives include but are not limited to provincial training programs, Community of Practice meetings, and provincial planning meetings; this role includes support with agenda planning, speaker engagement, evaluation, liaison with partners, meeting logistics, etc.
- Support the development of toolkits, protocols and/or other knowledge products
- Develop meeting agendas, and complete meeting summaries.
- Liaise with PTCC clients and stakeholders in the process of planning and coordinating various PTCC knowledge exchange activities
- Coordinate and manage other PTCC projects as assigned
Here is what you will need to be successful:
- Completion of a graduate degree program in health promotion, public health, health administration or a related area or recognized equivalent required
- At minimum, three (3) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience practical and related experience required in tobacco control and/or public health
- Knowledge and experience working in comprehensive tobacco control
- Knowledge of public health systems and structures in Ontario
- Knowledge of health promotion and education and public health theory and practice
- Experience with program planning, project management and program evaluation
- Skills in knowledge exchange and knowledge management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Research and analytical skills
- Strong critical and analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage competing demands under tight timelines
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and independently, using sound judgment
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time (to March 31, 2018)
Job Posting Close Date: June 28, 2017
How To Apply: Please apply online at http://www.cancercare.on.ca Careers Section or https://cco.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CCO/job/Toronto-ON/Specialist--P....