New Liskeard, Ontario
Deadline June 29, 2017
Temporary (July – December 2017), Full-Time, 35 Hrs, New Liskeard
The Timiskaming Health Unit is seeking a motivated individual, knowledgeable in population health to join its team of public health professionals. The Analyst will support various programs to
- Identify, assess, analyze and synthesize data and research evidence to guide programming decisions and inform population level public health approaches and operational planning;
- Apply advanced knowledge of public health and/or technical knowledge regarding population health, social determinants of health, epidemiology and evidence-informed decision making;
- Identify, analyze and provide recommendations on trends, risks and opportunities;
- Synthesize and communicate complex information to a wide range of audiences.
- A Master’s degree in Health Sciences, Health Promotion or related degree essential;
- Experience in a public health setting;
- Strong research and analytical skills with qualitative and quantitative methods;
- Experience interpreting and synthesizing research and technical information;
- Broad knowledge of public health issues and population health;
- Experience in program planning, evidence-informed decision making methodology, project management, project leadership;
- Strong verbal and written communication and knowledge exchange skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within diverse team settings;
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills.
Applications will be accepted until June 29, 2017. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please apply to:
Randy Winters, Director of Corporate Services
Timiskaming Health Unit
247 Whitewood Avenue, Unit 43, P.O. Box 1090
New Liskeard, P0J 1P0
Timiskaming Health Unit is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment. We encourage all applicants to self-identify their barriers on their resumes and/or cover letter in order to provide accommodations in all steps of the hiring process. This is to ensure that all are able to participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.