Deadline July 10, 2017
If you are passionate about a career in helping all children and youth value and enjoy the lifelong benefits of healthy active living, we want to meet you! Ophea is a dynamic not-for-profit organization with a staff of approximately 30 individuals. Services are provided to a variety of individuals including elementary and secondary school educators, public health professionals, and recreation leaders. Ophea also works closely with provincial government ministries, corporations, and other not-for-profit organizations.
Ophea is seeking a Bilingual Professional Learning Leader for the planning and execution of all professional learning deliverables within an assigned portfolio. The Bilingual Professional Learning Leader is responsible for meeting adult learning objectives and educational goals through using participant-centered instructional strategies to encourage active learning and interaction. The Bilingual Professional Learning Leader will research effective practices in 21st Century learning environments to develop and deliver accessible in-person, blended and online learning materials and theoretical and experiential components aligned with curriculum and evidence-informed professional learning practices within the education sector.
Knowledge (formal education or general knowledge) required:
- Post secondary education in Physical and Health Education, Project Management, or related discipline. Bilingualism and working knowledge of the education system are requirements. Formal project management training and teaching experience are assets for this position.
- Knowledge of and experience with instructional coaching models in the education sector, current with best and promising practices and emerging trends in the professional learning and coaching field.
Skills & Experience Required:
- 3–5 years proven experience in project management such as: planning and execution of programs, budget development and management, supplier management, leading and participating in meetings and the coordination of events, training sessions and communication and evaluation activities is required.
- Experience with adult education and adult education philosophy, including acknowledgement and recognition of the education and experience brought to the learning community by the adult learner.
- Demonstrated skills in active, collaborative learning techniques and the assessment and evaluation of these.
- Demonstrated appropriate use of technologies to enhance educator learning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the planning process for the Professional Learning function.
- Leads the development of the Professional Learning functional budget and is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the functional budget.
- Leads the execution of multiple professional learning deliverables in their portfolio.
- Interacts with relevant suppliers, clients, partners and other stakeholders.
- Coordinates administrative functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations no later than July 10, 2017 to:
1 Concorde Gate, Suite 608
Toronto, Ontario M3C 3N6
Fax: (416) 426-7373
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Ophea is committed to removing barriers and providing accommodation to all applicants and employees. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative of the accommodation required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.