Moose Factory, Ontario
No deadline noted
The Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) is a unified, integrated First Nations Regional Health Authority and delivers most health services to area residents in the communities of Attawapiskat, Fort Albany, Moosonee, Moose Factory, Peawanuck and Kashechewan, all located on the western shores of James Bay in Northern Ontario. These services include primary care nursing services, pre-hospital care, mental health services, diabetes education and support services and home and community care support, as well as ambulatory care, dental and medical transportation.
Epidemiologist – Full Time – Term
As the Epidemiologist you will be reporting to the Chief Quality Officer at our W eeneebayko General Hospital site based in Moose Factory, Ontario. You will conduct epidemiologic investigations used in preventing and controlling specific communicable and chronic diseases, injuries, and other health conditions and in planning health programs. Results of work efforts aid in the monitoring of health status and its correlates, identifying trends of outbreaks of diseases or other adverse health events, and providing data and information about corrective actions or programs to promote and protect public health in the area.
- Successful completion of a Masters’ degree in Epidemiology, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ as an Epidemiologist or equivalent experience in a related Public Health setting
- Must have at least four to five years of job experience with data management systems
- Experience working within a health care environment.
- Understanding of federal and provincial responsibilities for First Nations health care.
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Knowledge of information analysis methodologies and how to apply them.
- Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft office suite software.
- Demonstrate ability to independently plan and conduct an analysis of a large dataset
- Good judgement and ability to make sound epidemiological decisions
- Ability to summarize complex data into useful, understandable, user-friendly explanations
- Ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and well-developed presentation skills
- English is essential for this position but the ability to speak in one of the local Cree dialects is an asset
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition#: 2017-070.
Resumes can be emailed to: Jobs@waha.ca or faxed to: 705-658-4917 Attention: HR Department
For more information contact: 705-658-4544 ext. 2327 or by email above
Only Those Selected for an Interview will be contacted.
Successful candidates must provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening Check within a specified time frame
Must possess a valid driver’s Class G license for Ontario
The position will remain posted externally until filled.
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority is an inclusive employer. Accommodations are available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilites Act, 2005. Weeneebayko Area Health Authority thanks all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted – June 23, 2017
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 664, Moose Factory, Ontario P0L 1W0