Deadlines July 18 and 21, 2017
July 10, 2017
Internal/External Job Posting:
Manager, Health Promotion, Planning and Quality Improvement
Permanent, Part-time: 21 hours/week; 0.6 FTE
Posting Number: 2017- 013
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Centre (DPNCHC) is a multi-service organization that provides a wide variety of health and community programs and services for a diverse community. The Manager, Health Promotion, Planning and Quality Improvement plays a strategic role through research, in staying abreast of developments and trends in the community. The manager also identifies plans, initiatives and activities that place DPNCHC at the forefront of its work in addressing chronic disease, mental health, addictions and other conditions. And advances this work by evaluating programs and initiatives to ensure that the DPNCHC has the best possible information on the impact of its work.
- Identifies and supports the development of a range of prevention-focused initiatives that are based on best practice, address sustainability and cultural relevance, and include benchmarks for evaluation purposes
- Provides regular opportunities for staff across the organization to develop and share their knowledge on health promotion, chronic diseases, addictions, mental health and other conditions
- Takes a leadership role in working with organizational colleagues to shape a vision for both collaborative, population-level practices and service delivery systems that reflect community engagement best practices and engagement principles
- Monitors research to remain current on general trends in health promotion, prevention and specific trends related to population health needs, such as chronic disease, mental health, addictions and other conditions. Shares new information with colleagues to support planning and program development and delivery
- Leads community needs assessment and small scale rapid cycle needs assessments to support DPNCHC program and service planning
- Leads evaluation processes, and collaborates with and/or supports inter-disciplinary teams to assess needs and then design, implement and evaluate complex and sensitive customized initiatives and quality assurance procedures
- Assists with the development of quality and performance standards through understanding of client needs and DPNCHC programs and services
- Leads DPNCHC’s accreditation process (Note: this is a periodic activity, e.g. once every 4 years)
- Promotes, creates and sustains knowledge sharing and a learning culture within the organization, both with direct reports and with colleagues
- A Master’s degree in Health Promotion, Adult Education, Community Development or a related field of study or an undergraduate degree plus a minimum of 5 years working in health promotion and health planning
- Experience with community-based healthcare and knowledge of community-based resources, health promotion, quality improvement and evaluation
- Ability to conduct, gather and analyze primary and secondary research from a number of sources
- Self-directed and independent, as well as proven experience in working effectively as an inter-disciplinary team member and in collaboration with other community professionals
- Knowledge of the Davenport Perth Community an asset.
Salary Range: $56,785 - $66,013 per annum, pro-rated to hours of work, plus extended health benefits and an RRSP plan. This position is not part of the bargaining unit.
Submit resume and a cover letter to: Posting Number 2017-013 to email@example.com or mail to 1900 Davenport Road, Toronto, ON M6N 1B7
Due Dates: Internal Applicants: 5 pm, 18 July 2017. External Applicants: 5 pm, 21 July 2017.
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Centre encourages applications from candidates, whose background is diverse in terms of culture, race, language, religion, class and gender /sexual orientation. Reasonable accommodation or any other special needs will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. If you require any accommodation, please advise Human Resources. As a condition of employment, all prospective employees will be required to undertake a Vulnerable Sector Screening with Police Services. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. DPNCHC is a perfume free environment.