Deadline July 21, 2017
Employment opportunity: Public Health Nurse (ONA #17-39)
We are currently seeking a highly motivated health professional to contribute to our organizational mission of working with our communities to promote and protect health and prevent disease. Reporting to the Program Manager, the Public Health Nurse will be responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating Health Promotion programs within the Sudbury & District Health Unit. The incumbent will work cooperatively with Health Unit staff, community partners, and individuals to provide the leadership and nursing expertise required for program planning, delivery, and evaluation. The assignment is with the workplace health, alcohol misuse prevention, tobacco cessation, injury prevention and falls prevention team (WATIF Team).
- Registered Nurse in good standing who has obtained a baccalaureate degree in nursing.
- Holds a current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario, with knowledge and understanding of College standards of practice.
- Required Qualifications:
- Advanced oral proficiency in French is required.
- Satisfactory Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector) is a condition of employment.
- Maintains current Ontario driver’s licence and has access to a reliable vehicle with agency required insurance to fulfill position requirements.
- Current CPR – Level C certification.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Recent experience with injury prevention programming, with a focus on falls prevention for older adults, is an asset.
- General Skills/Abilities:
Knowledge and demonstrated skills in:
- population based health promotion strategies including community development
- critical thinking
- conflict resolution and problem solving
- behaviour change
- social determinants of health inequities and ability to apply to public health practice
- project management
- community needs assessment
- program planning
- policy development
- media and social marketing
Must be self-directed and able to work effectively with a community, groups, individuals and Health Unit staff to meet program objectives.
Resumés will be accepted until Friday, July 21, 2017, at 4:30 p.m. and should be sent in confidence to:
Sara Polano-Newell, Human Resources Officer, Corporate Services Division
Sudbury & District Health Unit
1300 Paris Street, Sudbury, ON P3E 3A3
Email: email@example.com (Microsoft Word format only)
Tel: 705.522.9200, ext. 327
Please include the title of the position in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest. If required, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Nurses will be selected for an interview on the basis of their skills/abilities, qualifications and experiences as identified in their resumé and cover letter. The interview may include a mock presentation and writing exercise.
The Sudbury & District Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more about interviews, collection of information, and accommodation: https://www.sdhu.com/join-us#interviews.