Deadline August 8, 2017
Working together for longer lives, lived well.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage of the process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Position: Public Health Nurse, #2017-01-3
Terms: Term Contract, Full-time, 35 hours per week for one year
Location: Dryden, ON
The Public Health Nurse in Dryden works with multidisciplinary programs that support health across the lifespan, including infectious disease prevention and follow up, vaccine preventable disease programming and other collaborative work that promotes health and prevents illness. This position will appeal to the Public Health Nurse who enjoys both team and independent work that truly makes a difference to the whole community.
The ideal applicant will have a solid understanding of the social determinants of health and how they affect the health of individuals and populations.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing, or eligible to register within the Province
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, BScN
- Current cardio-pulmonary resuscitation certification
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and/or experience with principles of adult and child education
- Experience in infection control, infectious disease control and immunization an asset
Salary: $32.58 to $44.95 per hour, in accordance with the Ontario Nurses’ Association Contract (ONA).
Other: Access to transportation. Mileage allowance provided. Successful candidate requires a clear Vulnerable Sector Check and proof of required immunizations prior to start of work.
Resumes accepted at:
Via email only at email@example.com
Applicants must reference posting 2017-01-3
Applicants who do not receive an auto generated receipt response should contact the Human Resources Administrative Assistant at 807-468-3147
Deadline for Applications: Tuesday August 8, 2017 at Noon CST