September 27–28, 2917
This year’s conference lineup is surpassing even our own lofty expectation. You’re going to want to come. Register now: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/mic2017-collaborate-create-accelerate-ticket....
Get a taste of what’s to come through the best MiC promo video ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLUgdAopPAY&t=2s.
Here’s the list of what’s in store so far:
- Martha Lenio, shortlisted to be one of Canada’s next astronauts, team commander on the 2014 Hawaii Space Exploration Analog and Simulation
- Lawrence Hill is presenting The Power of Storytelling for Individual and Collective Understanding
- A panel on digital transformation with Hillary Hartley, Ontario’s Chief Digital Officer, Gabe Sawhney, Executive Director, Code for Canada, and a representative from the Treasury Board of Canada
- Workshop on Dealing with Failure in Government with Ashley Good from Fail Forward
- Accelerator Jam: Rapid approach to solving municipal challenges with Rick Boersma from Juice Inc.
- Behavioural Insights with the Province of Ontario’s Behavioural Insights Unit
- Thinking Like A Designer workshop: Helen Kerr from OCAD University and Peel Region employees Marco Romano and Amy Stevens
- Civic Labs panel because, as we like to say, procurement is very hot right now
- Showing the Innovation Impact panel (data measurement, analysis and visualization) with Canada’s Open Data Exchange and others
- And great evening events that involve craft beers, artisan cheese, chocolate and so much more!
- Pre-Conference Workshop: Municipal Innovation with Public Sector Digest September 26 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Our five municipal innovators represent a diverse range of communities and municipal departments. From a community-based approach to newcomer resettlement to an empowering communications exercise in employee engagement, this panel of municipal leaders have tackled common local government problems using brand new tools and frameworks.
Want to know more about the Municipal Innovators Community and free membership? Visit http://www.municipalinnovators.ca.
For more information on the conference please contact:
Suzanne Holder, PMP, CHRP, Advisor Corporate Strategy and Reporting
Strategy, Innovation and Intergovernmental Services | Office of the Chief Administrative Officer
City of Guelph
519-822-1260 x 2270