The province of Ontario is committed to improving services for young people through integrated youth service hubs. These hubs will be places where young people aged 12-25 can receive walk-in, one stop access to mental health and addictions services, as well as other social and employment supports under one roof.
Youth Wellness Hubs Ontario (YWH-O) is hosting three service hub planning days with youth and family members in Northern communities to help us learn more about:
- What types of services these hubs should offer;
- What the spaces should look like; and
- How we can support young people in accessing and benefiting from the hubs
We are inviting youth and families who live in Northern Ontario to attend one of the following events. We encourage you to register for the event nearest you:
- Youth who have needed/wanted and/or accessed mental health services
- Family members who have supported a young person with accessing services
- Kenora: Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 9:00 a.m.– 2:30 p.m.; Clarion Inn Lakeside (register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/youth-wellness-hubs-ontario-kenora-registra...)
- Thunder Bay: Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 9:00 a.m.– 2:30 p.m; Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel and Suites (register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/youth-wellness-hubs-ontario-thunder-bay-tic...)
- Timmins: Thursday, August 17, 2017, 9:00 a.m.– 2:30 p.m; Senator Hotel and Conference Centre Timmins (register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/youth-wellness-hubs-ontario-timmins-tickets...)
Please contact Ashlee Mulligan (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information.