Deadline August 14, 2017
The Perth District Health Unit (PDHU) is committed to providing people with a healthy, inclusive and accommodating workplace. PDHU is an equal opportunity employer and provides a dynamic and progressive work environment. We currently have openings for two temporary full- time Public Health Nurses beginning August 2017. One position will end February 9th, 2018 and the second contract will end June 29, 2018. We also have an opportunity for a Casual Public Health Nurse to work one day per week as scheduled until June 2018.
Summary: The initial assignments will be in the Community Health Department and include work on the Child Health School-Age Team (CHSA), Social Determinants of Health and the Reproductive and Child Health Team (0-6 years). The CHSA work will likely include 1:1 student counselling and other interventions such as a small group work and health promotion activities.
- a Baccalaureate degree in Nursing and eligible to practice with the College of Nurses of Ontario
Demonstrated skills in:
- assessment, program planning, implementation and evaluation
- health promotion and community development
- clinical nursing practices such as injections, case management and counselling
- oral and written communication
- leadership, facilitation and team building
- current experience in public health nursing preferred
- computer skills an asset
- terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the ONA Collective Agreement
- obtain and maintain a satisfactory criminal reference check with vulnerable sector screen
- immunizations in accordance with Board Policy including annual influenza immunization unless medically contra indicated.
- valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a safe and well maintained vehicle suitable for carrying out duties on behalf of the employer.
Hours: Usually 8:30 am – 4:30 pm; Monday – Friday
Wage: $32.68 - $43.08 per hour
Closing Date: August 14, 2017
Director of Community Health Perth District Health Unit
653 West Gore Street Stratford, Ontario N5A 1L4
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.