Deadline September 8, 2017
A career at the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer offers much more than just a job. As employees, we directly support the goals of improving the lives of millions of people, with the ultimate goal to reduce the incidence of cancer, lessen the likelihood of Canadians dying from cancer and enhance the quality of life of those living with cancer. Click here to learn more about the Partnership’s work and impact.
This position is part of the Cancer Control Division. This division is responsible for overall delivery of the Strategic Priorities in the Partnership’s mandate, with a focus on the Partnership’s Programs and the development of effective and strategically salient initiatives through effective working relationships with clinical, medical, professional and stakeholder partners to reduce the impact of cancer on Canadians.
Reporting to the Director, Person-Centred Perspective, this position is accountable for providing administrative, logistical and operational support to the Person-Centred Perspective team including issues management, information systems management, calendar management, travel and meeting coordination, expense reporting, ensuring action items are followed through for specific networks or projects and handling queries.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- College/University degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience, including administrative and record keeping abilities
- Proven experience in providing a broad range of administrative support in complex, fast moving environments with multiple accountabilities and often competing demands
- Experience planning and coordinating internal and external conferences and meetings with stakeholders
- Previous work related experience coordinating travel arrangements
- Strong internal and external relationship management skills, ability to interact and work professionally and effectively with staff at all levels and key stakeholders
- Ability to work with minimal direction, and to take the initiative whenever appropriate, and manage work load and priorities to accomplish tasks and objectives
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High quality standards and degree of diplomacy, tact, discretion and good judgment
- High customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, correspondence, and reports
- Excellent technical skills (Microsoft Office products, publication/production/presentation software and new technologies)
- Ability to communicate effectively in both official languages an asset
- Experience in healthcare and/or not-for-profit is an asset
For full qualifications and job description please visit www.partnershipagainstcancer.ca/work-with-us/
How to Apply - Please forward CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing Date - September 8th, 2017
If you are interested in applying for this positions, please send your CV and cover letter to TM@partnershipaqainstcancer.ca The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer thanks all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at TM@partnershipaqainstcancer.ca.