Deadline September 10, 2017
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Manager, Finance. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Services, this position will oversee the planning, direction, and administration of all financial, procurement, budgetary, operational matters, and related special projects for one of Canada’s leading independent health units.
The Manager will provide leadership and supervision to the Finance team and will also lead MLHU in developing financial strategies, policies, new systems, and practices. Guided by the Ontario Public Health Standards for Public Health Programs and Services, the Manager will also work within the various guidelines, policies and procedures defined by the Board of Health and current legislation. This position is a key collaborator on an interdisciplinary leadership team for program and strategic planning, client service, quality, and innovation.
- An undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or a related discipline.
- Successful achievement of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation in good standing (CPA-CMA, CPA-CA, or CPA-CGA).
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in finance or accounting.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in directly leading and managing a team of finance professionals.
- Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience with public sector financial management.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task along with strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Other Qualifications:
- A graduate degree and/or additional certifications is highly desirable.
- Management experience in a unionized and/or multi-funder environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and MS Dynamics.
- Proven experience in project management, change management, and risk management.
- The ability to communicate in French would be considered an asset.
The Health Unit offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package. Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services. To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by September 10, 2017 quoting posting # FINMGR-0817.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote protect health of our community.