Deadline September 1, 2017
Realize (formerly The Canadian Working Group on HIV and Rehabilitation) is seeking poster abstracts for its upcoming forum on Friday September 15th at the Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport.
The topic of this year’s forum is “Setting our Minds to it! HIV & Mental Health in Canada: A dialogue about meeting unaddressed challenges in policy and community action”. If you are a researcher, student, clinician, or frontline worker engaged in a project related to HIV and Mental Health, consider sharing your work as part of this high-profile event!
Abstracts which address any aspect of HIV and Mental Health – prevention, care, treatment, support, social determinants of health, substance use – are welcome. Submissions need not be limited to formal research. Authors are invited to describe and analyze policy responses, existing programs and services, in-progress research and significant partnerships and/or collaborations that contribute to the overall mental health of people living with HIV.
Guidelines for Abstract Submission:
- Written abstracts (maximum 250 words) OR mock-ups (8 ½ x 11”) of completed posters showing full text may be submitted for review.
- If attaching a poster mock-up, please include the dimensions of the full-size printed poster in the body of the email.
- Please include the poster title and all authors’ names in the submission.
- Submissions should include information regarding the authors’ motivation(s), objective(s) and approach(es) as well as the (predicted) outcome(s) and (potential) implication(s) of the project.
- Successful abstracts will be complete, clear, and related to the forum topic.
- Work presented at previous meetings/conferences (since June 2016) will be considered.
To submit your abstract:
- Email your abstract or poster mock-up to WPorch@hivandrehab.ca with “Forum Abstract” as the subject line.
- The deadline for submissions is September 1st, 2017 at 5pm. Authors will be notified of decisions approximately one week later.
- At least one author listed on each poster is expected to attend the forum.
For more information on Realize’s Forum, or to register, visit http://www.realizecanada.org/en/our-work/annual-forums/2017-forum/.