Deadline September 24, 2017
The Middlesex London Health Unit (MLHU) has an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor, Procurement and Operations, within the Corporate Services Division. Reporting to the Manager, Finance the Supervisor, Procurement and Operations is responsible for overseeing all aspects of procurement, purchasing, contract administration and management, records management, as well as leading the Operations staff to ensure efficient operations management for all MLHU locations.
The successful candidate will use their experience and skills to:
- Oversee purchasing and receiving, storage and materials management, obtain competitive price quotes, and ensure that all purchasing policies and processes are followed;
- Advise on purchasing strategies, identifying purchasing needs, specifications and suppliers through application of the procurement policy, laws, codes or regulations;
- Assist in the development of all competitive bid processes (Requests for Proposals, Tenders and Quotations);
- Manages budgets and is responsible for negotiating, administering and managing all MLHU contracts;
- Provide recommendations and assist in the development or revision of policies and procedures related to procurement and operations;
- Identify and take action to reduce health and safety risks associated with operations;
- Oversee the security systems and liaise with security companies regarding equipment and service requests;
- Provide day-to-day supervision, management and performance reviews of staff;
- Assist with record management activities relating to classification, retention, storage and disposal; and,
- A four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university; specifically, a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Finance.
- At least three years’ experience in purchasing, demonstrating increasing responsibility and negotiating skills.
- Ability to multi-task along with strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Previous supervisory experience in a unionized environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other accounting, finance, or purchasing software
- Knowledge of inventory control and materials management.
- Ability to communicate (oral and written) in French would be considered an asset.
The Health Unit offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package. Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services.
To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by September 24, 2017 quoting posting # SPOFT-0917.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.