October 11, 2017
This session will provide opportunities to practice front line and supervisory skills needed to create gender affirming spaces, services and workplaces. It will also be a safe space to review your professional practice and ensure that you are delivering accurate, health promoting service, fostering a workplace aligned with legislative requirements and offering resources and opportunities to children, youth and families that align with current and credible research in gender affirmation.
- Practice skills to counteract four levels of transphobia (internal, interpersonal, cultural and institutional)
- Equip yourself to foster resilience skills like communication, setting boundaries, consent, empowerment and authentic celebration of diversity
- Align your professional practice and organizational policies and practices with Ontario and Canada's legislative framework, sectoral guidelines and credible research
For more information or to register, please visit https://www.safeguards-training.net/Courses/Detail.aspx?id=214.
- Registration Info
- Group Discount: 20% off groups of 4 or more from one agency.
- Visit the event page on SafeGuards' website for more info.