November is Fall Prevention Month!
Fall Prevention Month (http://fallpreventionmonth.ca/) is a campaign that encourages Canadian organizations and individuals to come together to coordinate fall prevention efforts for a larger impact.
Why do we need Fall Prevention Month?
- Falls are the leading cause of injury among older Canadians
- A fall can result in chronic pain, reduced mobility, loss of independence and even death
- Over 1/3 of older adults are admitted to Long-Term Care following hospitalization for a fall
Together we can help keep older adults healthy and injury free!
Need ideas or resources to plan your Fall Prevention Month initiatives?
Check out our updated bilingual Toolkit available at http://fallpreventionmonth.ca/toolkit.
In it you’ll find:
- Sample activities to use with older adult groups in the community or within your healthcare setting
- Promotional resources such as our printable and ready-to-use Fall Prevention Month logos, postcard, posters, sample news release and social media guide
- Infographics, both regional and national
- Information for older adults you can use as client handouts or education materials
- And more
Showcase your organization’s great work!
We need your help to make our collective impact on fall prevention even bigger!
- Submit your initiatives on the Fall Prevention Month website and we will feature them in our Calendar.
- Share your initiatives on Twitter https://twitter.com/fallpreventON using the hashtags #PreventFalls2017 and #PreventFalls.
- Sign up for campaign updates: http://fallpreventionmonth.ca/sign-up
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fallpreventON
Government of Canada (2015). Seniors Falls in Canada - Infographic. Retrieved from https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/health-promotion/aging-s...