North Bay, Ontario
No deadline noted
Job Posting #2017/027
Position: Clinic Dentist - Management/Non-Union – Oral Health Program
Hours Of Work: Permanent – Full-Time – 35 Hours Per Week (1.00 FTE)
Effective: As Soon As Possible
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Additional Info: Vacant Position
Working as a member of an interdisciplinary team, the successful candidate will provide ongoing clinical dental care to socially and economically marginalized adults who have experienced challenges in accessing dental care. The dentist may also provide care to Healthy Smiles Ontario eligible children and adolescents through the dental clinic at the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit that is consistent with the mission, vision, values, objectives, policies and standards of the Board of Health. This individual must be able to assess clients in a holistic manner, utilizing a broad understanding of priority groups and the social determinants of health to identify additional supports required by clients. This position reports to the Program Manager of Oral Health.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree from a university recognized by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and eligible to practice clinical dentistry in Ontario
- Current member in good standing with the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario
- Current certification in CPR
- Successful completion of course in the administration of nitrous oxide and oxygen and oral sedation approved by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario
- Knowledge of and competence in current clinical techniques and procedures, including the interpretation of client medical histories, diagnosis through visual examination and interpretation of radiographs, preventive and restorative services, oral surgery, periodontics and endodontics and infection control measures
- Knowledge of the Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO) eligibility requirements
- An understanding of Federal, Provincial and Municipal legislation and regulations such as the Health Protection and Promotion Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario Practice Standards and Code of Ethics, Child and Family Services Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Empathy and sensitivity to the needs of the target population
- Committed to providing exceptional client service
- Ability to work independently and participate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to form partnerships with Dentists and other care providers in order to ensure accessibility of dental care and treatment for priority groups
- Have initiated or completed a HB vaccination series or proof of immunity
- Shows discretion and appropriately handles confidential information
- Excellent computer skills for electronic record systems including web-based case management tools and creation of outcome reports
- Ability to set priorities, complete work, and meet deadlines
- Ability to support and project values compatible with the organization
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and quality improvement
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment as required
- Demonstrated reliability and the ability to work flex hours as required
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense, will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies and provide a copy of professional liability insurance prior to start date. Applicants requiring accessibility accommodation for the interview are asked to make such requests only when contacted for an interview.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $70.70 to Maximum $83.10
Closing Date: Will remain open to applicants until position is filled
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter, proof of education and a copy of registration with the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario that is required for this position to:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant
Attention: Job Posting #2017/027
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street
North Bay, ON P1B 4E7
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: If you did not receive a confirmation email that your resume/application has been received, please contact Wendy Moore at (705) 474-1400 ext. 2562 for confirmation.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting: http://www.myhealthunit.ca/en/index.asp.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.