Deadline October 24, 2017
Location: Toronto preferred. Travel sometimes required.
Status: Contract to March 2019, with possibility of extension.
Closing Date: Tuesday October 24, 2017
Start Date: November 1, 2017
For 30 years, Health Nexus has been enabling communities to promote health in Ontario and beyond. We help organizations and individuals to develop and implement prevention and health promotion strategies. Our areas of focus are promoting change through knowledge mobilization, leadership for healthy communities, creating and nurturing networks, and strengthening organizational capacity and innovation. We offer services in English and French and work with diverse partners to promote healthy, equitable and inclusive communities.
Health Nexus seeks a Bilingual Information Specialist (35 hours per week) for a 17 month contract, with the potential for extension. The successful applicant will work on conference planning, literature scans, listservs, bulletins, etc., primarily with Best Start Resource Centre, one of the key programs at Health Nexus. This position requires sound knowledge of literature scans, evaluation, written communication, knowledge translation, event planning and supporting networks.
- Seek information and undertake secondary research
- Track health promotion and information trends, issues and research
- Analyze and synthesize information into useable formats and disseminate relevant information in a variety of media including listservs and bulletins
- Contribute to the production of resources and training materials
- Promote, moderate, monitor and facilitate discussion on selected listserv/electronic networks
- Provide information, referrals and brief consultations to clients
- Develop, research, write and /or edit bulletins
- Assess client needs and evaluate impact of services
- Plan and coordinate the annual provincial conference
- University degree and/or equivalent experience in the health promotion field and/or information science
- Comprehensive understanding of maternal, newborn and early childhood issues
- Excellent computer, listserv facilitation, and information management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to gather, organize, interpret and communicate information and adapt it to different audiences
- Experience in event planning
- Ability to work independently and as an integral team member
- Oral and written proficiency in English and French is required
- Competency to respond to Ontario’s cultural and regional diversity
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume to InformationSpecialist@healthnexus.ca.
Health Nexus is an equal opportunity employer.
Accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities.