November 2, 2017
Join the Ontario Workplace Health Coalition for a unique learning experience.
- Hear from CivicAction – which engages companies and other community stakeholders to collaborate on improving the GTA/Hamilton's social, economic and environmental future. CivicAction will also discuss its strategic priority and MindsMatter initiative around improving the mental health of workers, plus
- Learn more about the impact of diabetes in the workplace. See the results from motivactionTM, a novel, outcomes-focused approach featuring a 6-month workplace initiative and research pilot study funded by AstraZeneca Canada - comprising 11 Canadian employers - aimed at helping employees understand and better manage their diabetes risk through a comprehensive, risk-based assessment and patient education model.
- Our speakers will be:
- Linda Weichel-, VP, Initiatives | CivicAction
- Linda Lewis-Daly, Managing Director, Lewis-Daly and Associates Workplace Wellness Solutions, & Allan Smofsky, Managing Director, Smofsky Strategic Planning, who comprised part of the core team that conducted the motivactionTM study
- After break we will rotate through:
- An interactive session to determine how to apply our new knowledge to our workplace health planning
- Vendor Fair - back by popular demand
- Time to network and collect many more ideas for your workplace health planning.
- The OWHC Annual General Meeting (AGM) will follow.
CivicAction invites you to take a few minutes to complete the free online MindsMatter assessment at http://www.mindsmatter.civicaction.ca and assess how well your workplace supports mental health. You will receive a confidential email with three simple actions to better support your workers’ mental health, with links to examples and other resources.
For more information and tickets please visit