Deadline October 23, 2017
The Regional Municipality of York Job Posting Alert: Supervisor, Vaccination Clinics - Job ID J1017-0409
Organization: York Region
Job Title: Supervisor, Vaccination Clinics
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time
Location: Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Supervisor, Vaccination Clinics
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community. Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
eporting to the Manager, Infectious Diseases Control, is responsible for oversight of the operation of vaccination clinics for vaccination programs, including school clinics, community clinics flu vaccination and unplanned vaccination clinic events; overseeing the coordination of clinics to ensure smooth running of clinic services; monitoring vaccination practices on site and ensuring the provision of quality services to students and the public; overseeing quality control initiatives to improve services in both quality and efficiency; and ensuring that all data recorded at clinics is accurate and is handled in accordance with privacy regulations and standards as defined under PHIPA and within Regional Branch and Divisional standards.
Salary: $97,220 - $110,412 annually. This is a Non-Union position.
- Successful completion of a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience providing immunizations in a public health environment with responsibilities for planning and delivering clinic services and demonstrated supervisory experience managing a large staff team.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Standards, Acts and Regulations, etc. including the Ontario Immunization Guide, Immunization of School Pupils Act, Ontario Public Health Standards, and Health Protection and Promotion Act and PHIPA.
- Understanding of continuous quality improvement processes/practices as it relates to the clinic environment and clinic best practices service models.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management.
- Demonstration of Departmental competencies, including flexibility and adaptability, accountability, strategic thinking, innovation and creativity, and collaboration.
- Management competencies including results/achievement focus, human resources management, leadership, financial management, business planning, decision making/judgement, representation and professionalism and job knowledge.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications and Provincial data management system (Panorama).
- Contemporary staff supervisory skills including knowledge of collective agreement administration and interpretation, labour relations principles and practices, and relevant employment legislation.
- Excellent customer service, communication and conflict resolution skills to handle client issues and concerns in a diplomatic, sensitive and caring manner.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required and share an on-call schedule.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line by October 23, 2017, quoting competition #21224. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email or by telephone.
To apply click on the link below: