Port Hope, Ontario
Deadline October 17, 2017
Corporate Services Department
Competition #0033-17 – Manager, Corporate Services; Human Resources and Financial Services
The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit has an opening for a Manager, Human Resources and Financial Services in its Corporate Services Department based in the Port Hope office.
As a Manager within Corporate Services, the Manager, Corporate Services; Human Resource and Financial Services is accountable to the Director, Corporate Services, for leadership and oversight in the provision of confidential human resource management, financial and administrative services for the Health Unit in order to support the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS) www.health.gov.on.ca/english/providers/program/pubhealth/oph_standards/o... and then the Standards for Public Health Programs and Services (SPHPS) 2017, once finalized, and other duties as assigned by the Director.
The Manager, Corporate Services; Human Resource and Financial Services is accountable to the Director, Corporate Services for assisting in the operation and administration of the Health Unit. The Manager, Corporate Services; Human Resource and Financial Services works within a collegial corporate services management team with overall responsibility for human resources, administration and finance, communication and IT services, some organizational initiatives, facilities management, privacy, legal and risk management.
The Manager, Corporate Services; Human Resource and Financial Services also works across the Health Unit as an integral management team member with functional accountability to human resource and financial matters.
The Manager regularly encounters differing complex problems requiring judgment to identify and analyze alternative courses of action and apply them to new solutions or applications. When seeking direction, recommended options are presented when solutions to problems are not apparent and/or the potential for consequences of errors are high.
The position involves travel, variations of the working day and on-call management outside of regular working hours.
The successful candidate will have:
Education – all required:
- Bachelor degree in business administration or commerce, or related discipline approved by the Director, Corporate Services
- Human resources coursework within undergraduate degree
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or other Master’s degree in a related discipline approved by the Director, Corporate Services or a certified accounting designation, or demonstrated progress toward successful completion of one of these within two years of hire
- Certified human resources designation, or demonstrated progress toward successful completion within one year of hire
- Minimum of five years of human resource and finance work experience, required
- Experience in public health, preferred
- Experience in a unionized, public-sector work environment, required
- Previous management experience, required
- Previous experience working with an integrated human resource/payroll/accounting system, required
- Other – all required:
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, leadership and team building skills
- Superior organizational, planning, multi-tasking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Pro-active, flexible and positive work attitude, ability to adapt to new, different or changing requirements
- Ability to work independently, delegate effectively and work cross-functionally to lead organizational/division initiatives
- Demonstrated confidence and discretion in dealing with highly confidential and private personnel and labour relations information
- Expertise in human resource and financial planning and management
- Strong negotiation, conflict resolution and facilitation skills
- Working knowledge of the OPHS
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Proof of immunizations required by HKPRDHU
- Satisfactory completion of Health and Safety certification and Basic Emergency Management training within one year of hire
- Satisfactory completion of probationary period (6 months)
- Competent user of computer and electronic equipment in the performance of job duties
Location: Port Hope
Salary Range: Management/Non-Union Scale – Manager 2017 - $90,754.00-$98,842.00
Start Date: December 11, 2017
Visit http://www.hkpr.on.ca/Careers/ExternalJobPostings/Manager,CorporateServi... for the position description.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support the participation of persons with disabilities in the recruitment process. All recruitment documents are available in alternative format, upon request.
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter by
4 pm, Tuesday, October 17, 2017 to:
Colleen McBride Manager, Human Resources
Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit
200 Rose Glen Road
Port Hope ON L1A 3V6
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.