Deadline November 6, 2017.
Are you an Indigenous youth-led group based in Ontario? Do you have a project that will connect Indigenous young people with opportunities to learn about your culture, rights,lands and languages? Apply before November 6th to the Indigenous Youth & Community Futures Fund.
Your group can apply for funding to support youth-led projects and activities that will connect yourselves, your peers, friends and Indigenous youth communities to your lands, languages, rights, laws and cultures. Projects could include:
- Land-based learning opportunities and culture camps
- Language immersion opportunities
- Culture-based education that includes ceremonies, medicines, arts, sciences, intergenerational health and healing
- Social justice, law and rights-based education
- Healing, life promotion and community building
- Other projects that communities deem important to support decolonization, reconciliation, nation building and cultural resurgence
This funding stream supports:
- Indigenous youth-led groups that are based in traditional territories spanning/encompassing Ontario
- Generally aged 14-29, and it’s ok if you have members that are older and younger than this
- You don’t need to be a charity or working with a charity to apply for funding. We work with grassroots groups and collectives
How to apply:
For more information about the fund and how to apply, please visit our website: http://laidlawfdn.org/funding-opportunities/indigenous-youth-community-f....
If you would like to download the program guideline and application template please click the links below
- Indigenous Youth & Community Futures Fund Guideline: https://laidlawfdn.app.box.com/s/ihxlna5rr2blib3yygvqb124ec4j4nv9
- Indigenous Youth & Community Futures Fund Application Template: https://laidlawfdn.app.box.com/s/4uz9yo8bhw61r1qt3zjnso4ilvsr8tdc
If you're ready to get started on your application, logon to the application portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=laidlaw.
The deadline to submit your application is November 6th, 2017.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us:
Phone: 416 964 3614 x 305
Phone: 416 964 3614 x309