Deadline November 3, 2017
Job ID: J0717-0531
Job Title: Program Manager – Health Care, Standards Development
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Job Location: Toronto
Number of Positions: 1
As we begin the implementation of our new five-year strategy for Standards, we are moving towards more focused, proactive membership; operational excellence; and commercial offerings.
CSA Group has an opportunity for the role of Program Manager, Health Care. Reporting to the Director, Health & Safety, you will lead a team of Project Managers, volunteer members, and clients to develop and deliver high quality standards-based products and programs in the health sector.
The Health Care Program oversees a diverse portfolio of standards that facilitate safety, quality, performance, and risk management. This includes, but is not limited to, standards for health care technologies and systems in acute care, long-term care, and institutional as well as non-institutional settings.
As a leader, motivator, and builder, you thrive on developing and executing plans and strategies with a goal to expand CSA Group’s health care standards portfolio. An outstanding relationship builder, you have established relationships with senior health leaders with divergent interests. In-depth knowledge of Canada’s health care system is needed. Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential. You will be someone with the proven ability to show initiative, as well as someone who is motivated, resilient and flexible.
- Operational performance of the Health Care standards development Program (e.g., budget, publication commitments)
- People Management (e.g., conducting performance reviews, mentoring)
- Management of the Strategic Steering Committee on Health Care Technology and Systems
- Senior level stakeholder relationship management
- Strategy development to reflect health care standard needs and priorities
- Business development
- A post-secondary degree in a health care related field.
- An advanced degree (Masters level) in health policy or administration is highly desirable.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in strategic planning, operational management, and Program or Project management in health or life sciences.
- Experience managing staff is essential.
- Bilingual in English and French will serve as an asset.
- Some travel is required
Deadline: November 3, 2017
Building a World Class Team Starts with You
At the heart of CSA Group is a vision: making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place. It’s been part of our mission for nearly one hundred years: from the first engineering standard for railway bridges developed in 1919, to more than 3,500 standards, codes & related products today.
Headquartered in Canada, with a global footprint of more than 30 labs and offices across Europe, Asia and North America, CSA Group tests, inspects and certifies a wide range of products—from every day household items to leading edge technology-to meet exacting requirements for safety, performance and environmental impact.
Our employees take pride in making a difference in people’s lives through the work that we do. We’re looking for people like you to help make it happen.