Deadline October 30, 2017
Position Type: Full-Time Contract
Posting Deadline: October 30, 2017
Rate: $55,000 - $65,000 with benefits
Locations: York University, Toronto
About the Position
YouthREX is looking to hire a Youth Program Design and Development Associate for our Provincial Office in Toronto to play a key role in the achievement of YouthREX’s strategic goals and deliverables.
Youth Program Design and Development Associates are the primary contact for grassroots youth sector stakeholders in their regions. They lead outreach, promote awareness of, and engagement with YouthREX programming and initiatives and play a key role in connecting youth programs to knowledge eXchange activities and evaluation services. They liaise and maintain external relationships with partners and stakeholders on behalf of YouthREX
Youth Program Design and Development Associates lead the coordination and execution of YouthREX’s knowledge exchange events in their regions including overseeing logistics, supporting with event design, etc.
These responsibilities require an understanding and acknowledgment of the complexities of the youth sector, in-depth knowledge of evidence-based knowledge transfer processes and experience with program evaluation (including logic model development, evaluation designs and methodologies, qualitative and quantitative analysis). The successful candidates will have strong communications skills (oral and written) and a background in equity-focused evaluation and knowledge of youth wellbeing-related issues in a community context.
- A graduate degree with a minimum of three years of experience in relevant roles OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of anti-Black racism on Black youth and their communities and a strong background working collaboratively with black communities.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and sustaining relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders across the youth sector to build a stronger YouthREX that supports the Ontario youth sector.
- Demonstrated understanding of the barriers and challenges that confront youth including racialised youth, newcomer youth, aboriginal youth, youth with disabilities or special needs, youth in and leaving care, francophone youth, LGBTTQ youth, youth living in rural & remote communities, youth from low-income families and youth in conflict with the law.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to develop presentations for diverse stakeholders within the youth sector and experience with effective communication strategies.
- Strong background in qualitative and quantitative methods and analysis
- Familiarity with the literature on evaluation and an understanding of multiple theories of evaluation and their limitations especially for smaller, community-based programs
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills and the ability to synthesize complex information and translate into materials that are accessible to a range of stakeholders
- Excellent organizational planning and coordination skills
- Willingness to travel across the Central region of Ontario, Windsor and Hamilton.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Connecting youth programs and initiatives under the Ontario Black Youth Action Plan to YouthREX’s services.
- Coordinating and/or supporting research, program planning, and evaluation supports for youth serving organizations, including supports with conceptualization, design, selection of methodology, data collection, analysis, report writing, presentation of findings, and post-project evaluations
- Providing/facilitating learning opportunities to youth service and program planners and practitioners on the development of research and evaluation plans, including data collection methods, analysis, and use of theories of change and performance measurement tools
- Supporting, designing and/or delivering capacity building activities (e.g. local community-of-practice, workshop planning and facilitation, course coordination, youth engagement activities)
- Seeking organizational synergies and opportunities to collaborate and partner with regional actors.
- Supporting, designing and/or delivering knowledge mobilization activities (research summaries, webinars, Provincial campaigns, knowledge exchange forums and events)
- Developing and maintaining external relationships w/YouthREX stakeholders and serve as YouthREX representative at regional tables where appropriate
- Supervising and mentoring research assistants, placement students, work-study students & summer students
As we begin this new phase of work, we are hiring a Youth Program Design and Development Associate for our Provincial Office at York University, Toronto. We are looking for someone who is excited at the thought of being part of a small but mighty organization that straddles the interface of community and academic cultures. They will play a key role in developing and implementing processes that allow YouthREX to better contribute to Ontario’s youth ecosystem.
If you are passionate about the well being of Ontario’s youth, please send a resume, writing sample and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you are interested in this position and how you meet the criteria above drawing on specific examples. Review of applications will begin on Monday, October 30 and will continue until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest. We apologize that only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.